5.2.3 ArcGIS server Issues
- If you have set up scale layering in your .mxd map file these will be translated into the appropriate Scale Hint (version 1.1.1), or Scale Denominator (version 1.3.0) elements in the GetCapabilities documents; whilst the values are correct, the order the MaxScaleDenominator and MinScaleDenominator elements are specified is invalid. A bug report has been submitted to ESRI concerning this issue. It is understood this will be fixed in version 10 service pack 2.
- In ArcGIS Server (version 9.3.1) you cannot edit the GetFeatureInfo request template(s), either to filter out data attributes or change the format and styling. In ArcGIS Server version 10 you can customize the response style. We have not yet checked to see if it is possible to restrict which data fields are returned. For information on how to do this, see the ESRI help page: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Customizing_a_WMS_GetFeatureInfo_response/009300001663000000/
- ArcGIS Server (version 9.3.1) can only produce service layer names with the values 0, 1, 2... so cannot conform to the layer naming conventions that are specified in the OneGeology WMS profile. The portal has been modified to cope with this situation but this should be considered a temporary fix that should be avoided if possible in the long term. This has been resolved in version 10.
- Though ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 will create a dynamic legend, the legend that is created is generally of poor quality and only really of use for simple data layers. You are recommended to create your own legend or legends and edit the GetCapability response to reflect this.
- Though "application/vnd.ogc.gml" is cited as an available output format of the GetFeatureInfo request, the response in ArcGIS server 9.3.1 is in fact not GML but simply XML.
For example, the following request to the Spanish service:
Returns the following GetFeatureInfo xml response:
<FIELDS OBJECTID=“3” SHAPE=“NULL” Erathem=“Cenozoic” System=“Neogene” SHAPE_Length=“70250444,2884521” SHAPE_Area=“110573853611,653”/>
A bug report has been submitted to ESRI regarding this issue. Our latest understanding from ESRI is that application/vnd.ogc.gml will NOT be supported in 10, though you will be able to create non-geometry GML by creating a template.
- ArcGIS server 9.3.1 does not support the SLD_BODY parameter in WMS requests. A bug report was submitted to ESRI regarding this issue. ArcGIS server 10 now supports this method of sending SLD styles to the server. For information on how to do this, see the ESRI help page: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Using_Styled_Layer_Descriptors_with_WMS_services/00930000005n000000/
Section last modified : 28 September 2011.